A chiropractic adjustment is a proven method for reducing pain, improving range of motion and encouraging healing in the human body.
Your body has an amazing capacity to heal itself if it is operating correctly. With the right adjustments, a chiropractor can help return the body to its optimal state. These adjustments are also known as chiropractic manipulation or spinal manipulation. They can be highly beneficial for achieving neck pain relief and back pain relief.
In an adjustment, a chiropractor attempts to realign your spine. This process can have a positive effect on the entire body.
Here are six signs that will tell you it is time to consider a chiropractic adjustment:
- Back pain– If you are experiencing back pain, it may be time for an adjustment. Back pain has many causes, such as improper heavy lifting, pinched nerves, herniated discs, or even a muscle tear in your back. An adjustment can help by carefully adjusting the vertebrae and properly aligning the spine.
- Neck pain– This can be another sign of a needed adjustment. With neck pain, a chiropractic adjustment to the cervical vertebrae can help properly align your spine and relieve neck pain.
- Headaches– These are common and can also be relieved with the right chiropractic adjustments. There are multiple causes for headaches, such as dehydration, malnutrition, oxygen deprivation and migraine.
- Muscle or joint pain– This is a sign of a needed adjustment.
- Limited range of motion– If throughout the day you are experiencing a limited range of motion, then it may help to look into getting an adjustment of the vertebrae in the spine.
- Sciatica– This low back pain is another sign that you should consider a chiropractor’s help.
A chiropractic adjustment can help in a variety of ways when it comes to relieving pain in different parts of your body, whether it’s your back, neck, joints or muscles. It can even help with headaches and arthritis. If you are experiencing any of these signs, it may be time for an adjustment.
When you make your first trip to a chiropractor, you can expect some pain relief. One of the main reasons people see a chiropractor is because they are most likely in pain. The first thing your doctor will want to do is attempt to identify causes of your discomfort and attempt to relieve them.
Next begins the restorative stage, which helps muscles and tissues heal better. Depending on the state of your health, you may need chiropractic care anywhere between four and eight times per month for six months to a year. Of course, it varies by individual and condition.
Once your body is fully healed, it is essential to keep it in alignment. Periodic adjustments may help you continue to feel good and avoid future injury.
If you have been experiencing signs that say it’s time for a chiropractic adjustment, call us today at (972) 285-6703 to schedule an appointment.